Latest News On Computers Processors

Google

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Intel I/O Processors

Many storage, networking, and embedded applications require fast I/O throughput for optimal performance. Intel® I/O processors allow servers, workstations and storage subsystems to transfer data faster, reduce communication bottlenecks, and improve overall system performance by offloading I/O processing functions from the host CPU.The table below provides a quick overview of the Intel I/O processor family. with Intel XScale® microarchitecture, builds on more than a decade of leadership in I/O processor technology. Offloads I/O processing functions, such as I/O interrupt processing and parity calculations, from the CPU. This allows the CPU to streamline application processing and to use other system resources, such as the system bus and memory, more effectively.

No comments: